Senior FX Artist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Senior Character Technical Director (Blend Shape Artist)
Senior Character Technical Director
We are looking for an experienced Character Technical Director to join our team in beautiful Bend Oregon. This role requires strong Maya rigging/setup skills as well as understanding of anatomy and realistic deformation to deliver consistent results that are done efficiently, timely, meeting the technical/animation requirements, and most importantly maintaining the industry-leading quality PlayStation's award-winning first party lineup is known for.
Responsibilities and Functions:
• Set up and maintain character (humans and animals) rigs.
• Work with art team to generate models that meet deformation requirements.
• Work with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation and gameplay needs.
• Set up character dynamics (i.e. cloth, hair).
• Create and support rigging/animation tools as needed.
• Provide and maintain technical documentation.
Requirements & Skills:
• Strong knowledge of Maya, with minimum of 4 years of production experience in game or film/vfx fields.
• Understanding of character/prop rigging techniques and principles.
• Familiarity with figure and facial anatomy.
• Experience in adopting production pipelines and following guidelines and system requirements.
• Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions.
• Python and Maya scripting proficiency.
• Proven ability to be self-sufficient and be proactive in preventing/solving production issues.
• Effective communication skills.
• Maya API (Python and/or C++)
• Familiarity in runtime performance efficiency and optimization
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkx2k-18-206-238-77-42 in your application.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.