Associate Content Operator
San Mateo, CA
Senior Analyst - Global Business Operations (GBO)
Senior GBO Analyst
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Analyst will operate in a team of 4 analysts reporting to the Senior Manager, Analytics & Reporting, within the Global Business Operations division. The role is dedicated to the analytics of the commercial operations that PlayStation offer such as console sales, 1st & 3rd party software both physically and through the PlayStation store, peripherals and live services. This role will take ownership of the analysis of regional forecasting processes and help drive consistent and automated management reporting where possible automated through the centralised Business Information Reporting Team.
You will be working with global partners in each of our regional business operations teams based in London, San Mateo and Tokyo. The ability to build key relationships within these teams and the senior management of the company is key to success in the role so communication skills are vital.
• Aggregate and interrogate regional forecast submissions to point out areas where trends vary and suggest where inconsistencies may be challenged
• Align the regional forecasting process with the help of data science and investigate and suggest areas of improvement across all business areas
• Work with insight analysts to understand and explain deviations from the forecast
• Work with the global reporting teams to ensure accuracy of reporting to senior management and optimising and help automating the reporting suite
• Present and communicate findings to senior stakeholders
• Help grow the analytics capability of the Global Business Operations division within the company, including working with our Data Science teams to incorporate the use of Machine Learning and other sophisticated DS techniques
• Help embed new ways to monitor the health of the business e.g. Console Engagement & MAU, Lifetime Value Modelling
• Work closely with the Senior Director for various ad hoc requests and projects
• Minimum of 6 years of experience working in analytical roles (sales, finance, data etc)
• Experience working in large, global tech/mobile/digital/entertainment organisations preferred
• Experience in forecasting, ideally across differing business models
• Excellent Excel skills and a high level of analytic capability
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, with experience of presenting to senior stakeholders
• Ability to self-manage and project manage a variety of task and projects across various departments and levels of seniority
• Experience with visualisation and database interrogation tools (e.g. MicroStrategy, SQL, Looker, Tableau, PowerBI etc)
• Passion for the Entertainment industry
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.