San Diego, CA
The Security Analysts are all members of the Security Operations Center, which is responsible to provide 24x7/365 continuous monitoring and investigation of anomalous activity along with remediation and escalation in the event of an identified security threat. The SOC is the primary contact for any security incident and they work collaboratively with the Incident Response team on remediating threats to Sony Interactive Entertainment. The Analyst also takes part in providing feedback to assist in the creation and steady improvement of security content, policies, processes and overall security hygiene within SIE.
Responsibilities of the Security Analysts include but are not limited to:
• Initial responders to security event investigations and escalations
• Perform intrusion analysis using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, log analysis and pattern analysis.
• Detect, escalate, and assign required remediation efforts during security incidents.
• Clearly document and communicate evidence, interact with customers and stakeholders, and perform initial remediation efforts.
• Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
• Corporate communication monitoring (MS Teams, slack, etc)
• Maintains knowledge of information security policies and goals
• Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
• Other duties that are assigned
• Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (5+ years)
• SANS GMON, GCIA or GCIH certification preferred, or relevant intrusion analysis experience
• 1+ year security analysis experience
• 1-2 years of IT or networking experience required
• Basic Linux/Unix OS and Windows knowledge
• Cloud knowledge
• Firewall rule and policy fundamentals
• Network routing fundamentals
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with customers via the phone, email, other corporate communications methods
• Good independent problem-solving experience
• Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
• Experience working with customers in a fast pace environment
• Quality and network security focused
• Knowledge of network packet analysis tools (tcpdump and/or wireshark)
• Basic troubleshooting
• Able to perform case management duties
• Industry recognized professional certification such as GMON, GCIA, GCIH, Security+
• Experience with cloud-based systems such as AWS
• Past experience with or current understanding of intelligence gathering processes and systems
• Direct experience with Malware and analysis techniques and methodologies
• Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p49m-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.