Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
The QA Support Analyst enables internal QA resources to deliver high value services to business partners by providing dedicated first line support for both request fulfilment and incident resolution across QA assets. The role includes some involvement in local team coordination activities and helps the global QA Support team maintain the excellent level of service associated with everyone within the PlayStation organisation.
• Weekly review of QA Support projects.
• Assist in the recruitment, contract management and release of contract staff.
• Provide training and support the development of contract staff.
Product Research, Budgeting and Procurement:
• Research, comparison and evaluation of asset solutions available based on both proactive self-identification and management guidance.
• Facilitate execution of all stages of the WWS QA asset acquisition process.
• Create purchase/loan requests upon direction and maintenance of consumable asset stock levels.
• Present regular updates and recommendations to department leadership to guide decision making.
Tracking, Loans and Auditing:
• Receipt logging of assets.
• Periodic auditing of assets.
• Tracking of asset status changes as part of daily operations.
• Loaning and recovery of assets with parties external to WWS QA.
• Distribution of assets requiring repair or disposal.
• Extension or replacement of approved assets at end of life.
Asset and Environment Configuration:
• Configuration of assets (hardware and software) for new starters.
• Coordinate and assist with maintenance and updating of assets.
• Conduct regular reviews of hardware setups to ensure proper usage.
Ad-Hoc Event Configuration:
• Configuration of assets for ad-hoc event utilization.
• Support IT, Facilities, and other business units in the configuration and execution of ad-hoc events.
• Provide first line troubleshooting of assets.
• Work with IT counterparts on behalf of WWS QA prior to issue escalations.
• Coordinate escalation of unresolvable asset issues.
• Act as an IT, Facilities and Financial team point of contact.
• Support new initiatives and partner with internal technical teams to address WWS QA technology challenges.
The successful candidate will ideally hold great communication skills, being able to provide frequent status updates on task progress. They will liaise with counterparts in other regions and communicate effectively across the business hierarchy including those at the executive level. A high level of autonomy is preferred due to being part of a small local team, along with the ability to prioritise activities in line with business needs. The ideal candidate will be able to change gears effectively will be an advantage, moving seamlessly between routine tasks and 'fire-fighting' during ad-hoc events. An interest and awareness of new and emerging technologies/hardware is also desirable. Occasional flexibility regarding working hours may be accommodated/requested along with the possibility of occasional overtime.
• Understanding of PC client workstation hardware, operating systems, applications, mobile devices and networking.
• Ability to solve a wide range of moderately complex problems across both hardware and software.
• Ability to work under limited direction, and independently for routine activities.
• Ability to engage in regular cross functional and cross regional communication.
• Ability to communicate effectively with senior management, executive leadership and external clients.
• CompTia A+ equivalent proficiency desired.
• Bachelor's degree or 3 years related IT professional experience preferred.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.