Principal Software Engineer, Future Forward Concepting
Location: San Francisco, CA
Are you interested in pushing the boundaries of the game industry? Do you like working at the cutting edge of technology while incorporating your innovations into actual products that will touch over 100 million gamers on PlayStation?
The Principal Software Engineer will design, develop, and experiment with future forward experiences for PlayStation that will have strategic importance for PlayStation. S/he will use their understanding of technology, frameworks, and constraints to help pave the way for future innovation on our platforms.
• Collaborate with other engineers, designer, and product managers around the globe to experiment with new experiences that can be incorporated into our portfolio.
• Work with architects and engineers at SIE to incorporate the best concepts and technologies into our applications, frameworks, systems, and processes.
• Spearhead overall innovation activities across the company
• Perform research and technical due diligence for potential investment or partnership opportunities
• Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 8 years of experience. Master's degree preferred.
• Works under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements
• Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that performs well
• Passionate about experimentation and innovation
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies
• Strong understanding of engineering standard methodologies – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, partake in code reviews and documentation
• Experience with open source based technology stack and scripting technologies required
• Open to travel to SIE offices around the globe
• Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Helpful but not required
• Game industry experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1ywq0-3-235-227-117-42 in your application.