Senior Software Engineering Manager
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
IT Support Specialist (Contract)
San Diego, CA
Please note, this is a temporary position through our staffing partner, Yoh. The length of contract is 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
This dynamic and engaging role does not fit the average definition of Desktop Support. For SIE, the Studio IT Support Specialist possesses a mix of skills and experience often found in desktop support, helpdesk support, and limited system administration roles. A qualified individual is versed in a wide range of client technologies; responsible not only for the implementation, maintenance, and highest level of performance-tuning for client technology, but also for being a champion for strong working relationships directly with the people who utilize that technology.
This is a customer service role and fundamental to its success is building and maintaining support relationships with internal business teams, promoting trust, setting expectations, and achieving mastery in customer service. If this sounds like you, then please apply!
• Coordinate, diagnose and fix incoming employee requests for helpdesk-level coverage.
• Troubleshoot technical problems and information technology issues involving desktop, laptop or network services from local personnel or from employees using network remote access. Collaboration with remote sites expected and encouraged.
• Develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures and customer service guidelines relating to IT support.
• Interact directly with end users in peril, handle and resolve incidents in an efficient manner, maintaining the highest levels of customer support and response and documentation.
• Establish and maintain direct relationships with business units as a support resource and contributing member of the production teams.
• Perform inventory management of team resources; apply workstation build technologies; configure and handle user account provisioning and permissions.
• Be available off hours for scheduled, week-long on-call rotation, which will include system maintenance and emergencies.
• Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
• At least 2 years of IT/desktop support experience working for a high-tech company.
• Excellent and proven verbal and written communication skills in English with a proven sense of urgency, self-motivation, and work ethic.
• Phenomenal customer service skills, friendly, eager to learn and work as a team player to deliver projects on time.
• Ability to document system build procedures, and process workflow related to end user support and system administration including setup and delivery of new equipment, installing software and related patches.
• Must have a strong understanding of PC client workstation/server hardware, operating systems, applications, development consoles, printers, mobile devices, networking, Mac and Mac specific software.
• Strong Windows OS background through Windows 10. Familiar with studio development applications including: Perforce, Visual Studio, Maya, Photoshop a plus.
• Knowledge of enterprise desktop and user administrative tools. Basic understanding of server-side components and applications including web, application, and database infrastructure.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.