IT Support Specialist
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Remote / Virtual
IT Data Analyst
San Diego, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a Data Analyst to become part of IT Applications team, that manages a wide array of enterprise applications globally. Ideal candidates will have a strong desire to build both in-depth technical skills and an ability to develop exemplary client-facing skills. The role will primarily focus on playing with application data, identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets and present forward-looking insights and recommendations to the business.
• Identify, analyze, interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets and use data-story telling techniques to present insights and recommendations.
• Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating reporting components from multiple data sources.
• Develop and maintain schemas by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources and create solutions to make data extraction and evaluation more flexible or scalable.
• Evaluate internal systems for inefficiency and inaccuracies, develop and maintain protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning large quantities of data.
• Respond to ad hoc analysis requests and investigate data inconsistencies.
• Document process changes and provide production support as needed.
• Will require flexible approach to working hours to support global business operations
• Bachelors or Master's in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
• 3+ years of experience with proven skills including data mining, analysis and visualization
• 3+ years of experience working extensively with MySQL or Snowflake
• 2+ years of experience with Tableau or other data visualization tools
• Strong SQL and Excel skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
• Experience with scripting languages: Python or R
• Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including reports, and presentations
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.