Global Security Operations Center Operator (San Mateo)
Global Security Operations Center Operator (San Mateo)
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Global Safety Operations Center (GSOC) Operator. The Global Security Operations Center is a 24/7 operation which provides a comprehensive monitoring approach to provide broad visibility of activity across the infrastructure of a high-profile client, and leverages intelligence from several systems and technology databases that provide advanced correlation and analysis capabilities to deliver a prioritized list of actionable security incidents to the client's Global Security Operations Team. Being a team member in the Global Security Operations Center provides an exciting opportunity to participate in real-world, high-profile projects of an entertainment industry leader.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
• Major Medical, Dental and Vision
• Paid vacation
• Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
• Critical Illness
• Accident Insurance
• Whole Life Insurance
• Individual Short-Term Disability
• Pre-Paid Legal Services
• Identity Theft Services
• Pet Insurance
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
• Provide timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities
• Serve as the hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business and ensure all systems, both hardware and software, are functioning properly, and immediately notify appropriate stakeholders when they are not
• Perform analysis, planning, and provide direction in order to ensure that the GSOC is delivering maximum value to the business and provide training and develop Standard Operating Procedures for personnel assigned to the GSOC to facilitate effective performance
• Identify and communicate daily all critical items requiring the attention of senior management and coordinate with Safety Operations Managers to provide necessary documentation in support of uniformed guard force activity (e.g., Officer Dispatch, Incident Reporting, etc.)
• Develop a program for maintenance and troubleshooting of software systems with a focus on preventative maintenance and early detection of potential issues and assist in identifying new technologies and upgrades for existing systems
• Assume full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the GSOC, its systems, personnel and functions and ensure procedures and protocols are in place that enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and other activities related to the GSOC and its role as a central monitoring station
The Ideal Candidate
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required:
• Must possess a minimum of one year of Global Security Operation Center and/or Dispatch experience
• Work experience must include of the following:
• Ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and approaches to problems
• Demonstrated high level of competency with advanced computer systems (e.g., hardware, software and networks)
• Possession of highly proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to communicate effectively with Information Technology and Security Systems professionals
• Demonstrated ability to operate radio, telephone equipment and/or console monitors
• Flexibility to work various shifts
• Ability to adapt to a dynamic environment and working under extreme pressure
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
• An Associates or Bachelor's Degree in one of the following disciplines: Criminal Justice, Political Science, International Relations/Affairs, Homeland Security, Business Intelligence, and Statistics
Communication center supervisory experience
• Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
Related Attributes That Would Enhance Hiring Consideration:
• Documented experience and competency in any of the following Security Software Systems:
• Access Control/ID systems (Ccure experience a plus)
• Incident Management and computer assisted dispatch software
• Visitor Management System
• CCTV/Video Management systems
• Ability to type 50 words per minute
• Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
• Must be a US citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
• Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
• Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
• Prior Military Service or Dispatch experience is highly desired.
• Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office with minimal to no extreme temperatures expected.
Major Activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting.
Physical Efforts to Carry Out Job Duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching
About The Company
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d88mn9-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.