***This position has the flexibility to be fully remote***
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Gameplay Programmer to contribute to our development process on a AAA game. This position specializes in specific areas of programming that centers around the architecture and implementation of game engine code systems used for the creation and development of a game application.
• Key contributor to the development of technology, systems and tools that support game design requirements. This includes, but is not limited to game logic, character behaviors, state-based animations selection, motion systems, scripted mini-games, physics systems, collision systems, rendering, particle effects, entities systems, camera logic, audio support.
• Maintaining a thorough knowledge of the games design to manage communication and enable early identification of issues.
• Collaborating with the production team to develop all aspects of the specified game-play experience from a technical perspective.
• Providing input and/or developing the technical design and vision through all phases of the game development cycle, from pre-production through final product release.
• Maintaining a clear understanding of personal task lists and project milestones to ensure set goals will be met from a scope, schedule or game-play perspective.
• Clearly communicating updates and concerns to their manager.
• Managing requests or information needs regarding any aspect of the technical creation process with the appropriate members of the development team.
• Actively maintaining skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry in a specialized area of personal expertise.
• Create and maintain multiplayer gameplay systems in code and script
• 1-2 years industry or related experience.
• 1 or more published titles.
• Strong 3D Math skills.
• Strong C/C++ experience.
• Strong understanding of current data structures, algorithms and methodologies.
• Wide-range of game application and game engine skills (e.g., AI, physics, camera, animation, audio, etc.)
• Excellent communication skills.
• Current and Next Gen game console experience strongly desired.
• B.S. in computer science, engineering or relevant curriculum.
• Multiplayer game experience preferred
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyonjm-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.