IT Support Specialist
Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
The Studio Game Director is responsible for inspiring, leading and driving the team to develop and execute the game play vision for our next AAA product. Equally vital to this role is the ability to set and maintain a first in class quality bar, build a cohesive team culture, and motivate the team to swing for the fences. Work together, win together.
• Create a compelling and innovative vision for gameplay on our next AAA project.
• Present with excitement and confidence, inspire the team to align and support your creative goals.
• Make key decisions, provide feedback, set direction on gameplay features, systems, and content designs.
• Present game direction and status to the Studio head and Executive Teams.
• Set the quality bar for first in class gameplay experiences and use it as a metric to define success.
• Maintain a cohesive game vision across the game for major demos and released content.
• Focus the team on ideation of designs for mechanics, systems, and content. Provide feedback and approval.
• Review implementation and provide feedback of all game features, mechanics and user experiences.
• Encourage our studio members to win together and work as one team.
• Play the game thoroughly and be an expert, identify key areas for improvement.
• Partner with Producers to set priorities and key deliverables for project production milestones.
• Collaborate with Producers to establish process, share status and develop strategies to improve development.
• Work with Creative Director to balance narrative goals and gameplay goals in game.
• Evaluate results from focus tests, usability tests, and mock reviews to prioritize areas of improvement.
• Inspire the team to be masters of their craft and push themselves to improve and grow.
• Be a servant leader, who actively searches for ways to improve and share success with others.
• 8+ years of game industry experience.
• Experience working on large projects as a Sr. Leader.
• Have experience navigating multiple simultaneous projects at the same time.
• Skilled at creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that many times it is appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
• Be an effective time manager, with the ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
• Detailed knowledge of game design and production methods.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.