Software Development Engineer in Test
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Francisco, CA
Frontend Software Engineer
San Francisco, CA
We are looking for a frontend software engineer to join our agile high-performance Dev Team and contribute to the Best Place to Play. You will apply your software development skills and Web technologies to delight our users with innovative features. You will work and collaborate daily with a diverse team dedicated to excellence, inclusion, and fun.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of one of the world's most recognized brands, and to collaborate with PlayStation engineering teams across the globe.
• Collaborate with UX designers and Product Management on requirements.
• Investigate and Resolve reported Defects and work with the QA team members to close on the issues.
• Work on continuous improvement of software, by profiling, refactoring and optimizing the code.
• Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints and respond to rapidly evolving requirements.
• Own sharable features and components across several projects and be accountable for the results.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. Equivalent industry experience will be evaluated.
• Solid base in Computer Science, understanding of OOP, Data Structures, and Design Patterns.
• Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• 3+ years of experience with single-page app design, development, and services integration.
• Background in React Native or React.js
• Passionate about quality and writing clean, readable code that scales and performs well.
• A collaborative teammate, a fast learner, with a positive and can-do attitude.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Understanding of client-side Performance challenges, with an ability to diagnose and suggest improvements.
• Experience working with GitHub source code management, and CI/CD frameworks.
• Knowledge of C++ or other object-oriented programming language.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum software development methodologies.
• Experience working in Gaming, Digital Media Services, Device Software.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.