Do you love to lead engineering teams in developing software applications that support large scale enterprise applications serving millions of happy customers? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Do you want to delight customers with your creation and innovation? The possibilities are limitless!
The monetization tools team builds customer-centric, scalable, highly performant, and secure services for our internal customers to manage and operate PlayStation's monetization platform. We play a key role in building and supporting services that allow our internal partners to resolve customer commerce and payment issues, so our customers can access, purchase, play and enjoy all of the incredible content available on PlayStation wherever and whenever they want!
We are looking for an experienced engineering leader who will own several services and look to delight our customers and teams with the best user experience and support. You should have a strong technical ability, proven interpersonal skills with the ability to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast-paced environment. You have previously led or built strong teams of hardworking engineers and you enjoy working with exceptional people. You will be responsible for your applications and be able to make tough product decisions that balance contending priorities.
• Leading, coaching, mentoring and encouraging a dedicated team of software engineers to design, build, deploy and support best-in-class tools that enable our teams to provide the best gaming experience for our customers.
• Lead concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
• Build and develop a high energy, committed, motivated engineering team focusing on engineering and operational excellence to deliver awesome business results.
• Collaborate across business units, internal customers, and product teams to develop and execute against the team's vision, strategy, and roadmap.
• Use technical expertise and industry trends to influence software development standard methodologies.
• Handle day-to-day activities of the engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Consistent track record of leading high performing engineering teams
• Breadth and depth of experience building and running complex software systems and highly scalable/available software
• 7+ years of experience in Software development
• 2+ years in a technical leadership or engineering manager role.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Confirmed ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
• BS or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with distributed systems / micro service architecture.
• Experience in deploying, operating, and running services in AWS or other cloud environments.
• Experience with Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
• Strong object-oriented design and code review skills (Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw7y6p-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.