As the leader of this organization, you are a responsible for championing a vision that aligns with, and further enables SIE's tremendous growth and engaging entertainment experiences. Your key areas of responsibility will include building and operating core experience high scale services, driving continuous evolution and improvement of our engineering capabilities, and delivering platform-wide performance and resiliency. This highly collaborative leadership role includes working across multiple globally distributed engineering teams to understand the requirements and deliver extensible capabilities to support the growing business needs and rapidly growing customer base. This position requires partnering across product management, architects, engineering, quality, and operations. You will bring extensive technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, continuous integration and continuous delivery platform domain expertise, performance engineering, and associated technology product knowledge. Broad industry knowledge, strong customer empathy, and excellent team building skills are a must. We are looking for a Leader with a focus on operational excellence, and passion that is contagious.
• Attracts and empowers highly engaged, passionate, diverse, driven leaders to lead and inspire our engineering teams.
• Leads and enables teams of Engineering Managers, Software Engineers, and Technical Program Managers to deliver highly available, scalable, and performant services in the cloud.
• Showcases steadfast ownership of outcomes and enablement for their teams
• Role model for customer empathy and focused delivery for both internal and external customers
• Energetically, passionately, and successfully works across organizational boundaries, collaborating to deliver awesome platform capabilities.
• Experienced operational leader that drives operational excellence and continuous improvement within their team and across the organization.
• Builds and fosters agile engineering capabilities and quality engineering practices.
• Demonstrates leadership and expertise by building, operating, and optimizing automated self-service capabilities at enterprise scale.
• Performs a key leadership role in the technology transformation of the existing capabilities and innovation of new capabilities supporting business growth
• Leads and delivers results against the platform strategy roadmap for the enterprise. This includes setting vision, gathering requirements, gaining business consensus, performing vendor and product evaluations, mentoring business and development resources, and delivering solutions.
• Participates in product roadmap discussions, identifies key areas for improvement in the product and incorporate these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives
• BS or MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience. MS in CS or IS preferred with emphasis on data science, architecture and modeling or database design.
• Extensive recent experience with technology transformation, specifically designing, implementing, and operating automated, self-service solutions in AWS.
• 10+ years' experience required in delivering enterprise scale solutions in support of on-line, secure, scalable, resilient software as a service delivery required.
• 7+ years of leading, inspiring, and growing engaged Software Engineering and Operations teams.
• Experience leading teams in researching new and emerging technologies to realize potential value, business fit, operations, and cost efficiencies of implementing such technologies is vital.
• Extensive experience with agile development methodologies and processes required
• Must possess the drive and passion for technology leadership with the ability to excite, mentor, and empower team members in various roles in the organization
• Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels; effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• Deep technical experience with transactional data technologies such as DynamoDB, RDS, Cassandra, Aerospike, Oracle, etc., in a highly available enterprise environment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g41x5z-54-210-223-150-42 in your application.