Director, Loyalty Analytics and Business Operations
Location: San Mateo, CA preferred, but will consider remote
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a seasoned professional to lead the advanced analytics and campaign operations teams for loyalty and engagement programs. This team will be a cornerstone for how PlayStation deepens and sustains players' relationships with our platforms and brand.
The perfect candidate will lead a high-performing team that has a deep understanding of data analytics, player behaviors, and campaign performance measurement. You have a deep affinity for working with quantitative data, while appreciating the art form that comes with applying it to player engagement.
This is a role that collaborate with leaders and partners throughout the organization to deliver ambitious business results in an operationally efficient manner. We are seeking a leader with exceptional managerial skills who can build, motivate and cultivate teams, has a deep analytical background, and clearly demonstrates the ability to deliver large critical initiatives.
• Lead a team of analysts as they develop, measure, and iterate on campaigns to deepen players' enjoyment of our platforms
• Forecast and manage program performance from both an engagement and financial perspective
• Manage the operations teams as they setup, test, and publish campaigns
• Work with various business units to align program elements and campaigns with their business objectives
• Collaborate with other teams to deliver new features and capabilities
• Communicate program performance to senior leadership
Skills and Capabilities
• Exceptional ability to interpret data and evaluate statistical and analytical approaches
• Strong leadership and managerial skills with experience building and leading medium to large teams within a global business
• Proven experience driving sustainable growth in the context of global consumer brands
• Ability to thoughtfully evaluate risks when seeking/committing investments
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across different functions and influence senior business partners for data-driven decision-making
• Good understanding of standard methodologies in user experience across web and mobile platforms
• Flexible, professionally-mature, proactive approach
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills
• High levels of personal motivation to further your skills, experience, and business knowledge
• BS, MS or Ph.D. in quantitative field
• 10+ years of experience with applied statistics or experimentation at scale in an industry setting, plus 5+ years managing team(s)
• Demonstrated experience optimizing for longer-term outcomes
• Strong appreciation for the passionate and varied PlayStation audience
• Strong understanding of financial concepts e.g., NPV
• Familiarity with machine learning algorithms
• Experience working with product and engineering teams
• Experience working in a global environment
• Experience from technology, entertainment, or games industry
• PlayStation fan a huge plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjqnb0-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.