Senior Dialogue Coordinator
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Los Angeles, CA
This position can be based in Los Angeles or San Mateo/Bay Area
A passionate, creative and experienced dialogue designer who has a proven track record of crafting high-quality dialogue for video games, film or television. You are interested in delivering outstanding dialogue soundscapes for major AAA projects alongside our development partners at studios such as Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Insomniac Games, Sucker Punch Productions and more…
As it turns out:
We are looking for a Dialogue Supervisor to join our award-winning team to craft high quality audio content for 1st and 2nd party development projects. As part of our team, you will get to work with some of the most quality-driven developers in the industry and on some of the most exciting, immersive narrative AAA games for PlayStation.
Dialogue Supervision: Working closely with our development and internal studio partners, you will help lead and champion dialogue to be delivered at outstanding excellence, and collaborate with Sound Supervisors, creative directors and producers to build a sonically rich vision, and work in partnership with key team members to create and facilitate a foundation for high-quality dialogue.
• Provide leadership and supervision to our PlayStation Sound dialogue team.
• Build schedules and budgets for multiple projects and suggest business initiatives that will impact future projects and direction.
• Form positive relationships with development partners and serve as a point of contact.
Design & Implementation: You will be accountable for the overall dialogue execution at the project level, and work with our development partners to establish creative and conceptual direction. You have a clear understanding of dialogue implementation, ability to bring strong problem-solving skills and seek to bring new and emerging technologies and processes to our projects.
• Review design and implementation plans and communicate to senior management and partners risks and impacts.
• Influence overall dialogue aesthetic and implementation techniques for projects across various engines and middleware.
• Ensure creative and technical designs align with the project vision and schedule.
Planning & Communication: You will schedule and coordinate VO and performance capture/mocap sessions, deliveries of source language and localization assets, mixes and tasks for the dialogue team. A strong team player with excellent communication skills, who will work with Senior Management, development and internal studio partners, vendors and A-list talent within the industry.
• Assist the Manager of Dialogue on building budgets, project planning, and quality standards for the group.
• Close collaboration with our Casting and Talent team, and Localization group.
• Work together and lead our dialogue team to formulate tasks and project goals from concept to final execution.
• Frequent participation with external vendors and outsourcing partners.
Technical Proficiency & Creative Skills: You will continue to learn and adapt in a constantly evolving environment when it comes to game and sound technologies and encouraged to educate and share your knowledge with the team.
• Continue to challenge and inspire new ideas to push the quality bar technically and creatively within our games.
• Partner with our sound designers, technical and engineering groups to help develop tools and methods for next gen audio production.
Leadership & Team Builder: You will collaborate with the Manager of Dialogue in mentoring staff and career development.
• Guide our junior and intermediate team members in techniques, innovative audio creation and implementation to inspire them on the importance of dialogue.
• Partake in talent acquisition on staffing needs; actively participate in interviewing and hiring.
• Create a supportive and inclusive team environment.
• Minimum 8 years' experience in audio, or
• Minimum of 4 shipped AAA titles in sound leadership role.
• Strong executive communication and presentation skills.
• Proven leadership and teamwork skills and capabilities.
• Fluent in all phases of dialogue production and post-production, preferably with interactive audio.
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines while maintaining professional respect and courtesy to developers and team members.
• Expert use with professional audio tools such as (but not limited to) ProTools, SoundForge, Adobe Audition, Reaper, Waves Plugins, iZotope RX, etc.
• Understanding of which microphones and recording hardware to use for each recording objective, with a focus on Voice Over, ADR and Motion Capture Dialogue
• Knowledge of signal processing tools such as compressors, limiters, equalizers, etc.
• Proven and demonstrable qualifications in dialogue editorial and mixing for pre-rendered linear cinematics of varying complexity and content styles.
• Mixing in multiple formats such as surround (7.1 & 5.1), etc.
• Proven qualifications with implementing game dialogue or audio using proprietary tools or known ones such as Unreal, WWise, FMOD, etc.
• Knowledge or familiarity of scripting languages such as LUA, Python, etc.
• Relevant accredited education in the field of audio sound design television broadcasting game design.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.