Data Center Operations Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment is looking for a passionate Data Center Operations Engineer to be based in our Los Angeles, California facility. This position is for an experienced candidate who will work within the Data Center Operations team and have hands on responsibility for ensuring our production Data Center environments are operating efficiently. The primary responsibilities of this job role is to deploy (rack and cable) new hardware, troubleshoot and upgrade existing infrastructure, keep accurate inventory information for all systems, and assist in the documentation of processes and procedures. This position works closely with and provides on-site support to the System Engineering and Network Operations teams.
• Support existing hardware in multiple Data Center locations
• Plan and implement installations in multiple Data Center locations in a timely manner
• Ensure accurate inventory information for multiple Data Center locations
• Work closely with Procurement team to track orders and deliveries to multiple Data Center locations
• Work with the Senior Manager of Data Center Operations on Data Center status reports for Senior Management for each Data Center location
• Refine and document support process for each location including the handling of RMA requests
• BA degree or equivalent experience
• 1-3 years working in a production Data Center environment
• Experience with asset management tracking and reporting
• Knowledge of various vendor RMA processes to deal with repairs and returns
• Keen understanding of Data Center Operations, maintenance and technical requirements including replacement of components such as hard drives, RAM, CPUs, motherboards and power supplies.
• Understanding of the importance of Change Management in an online production environment
• High interest in technology
• Highly refined organizational skills
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work cross-functionally
• Ability to handle various tasks at one time
• High energy and a driven desire to positively impact the business
• Ability to rack equipment up to 50 lbs unassisted
Up to 30% travel required with this position.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1pwvx-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.