Sony Interactive Entertainment
Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
Creative Director: Responsible for the creative decisions that define the vision and quality of all aspects of development for a single game.
• You will conceptualize and evangelize the creative direction for the project, ensuring it inspires the team and delivers on a fun and memorable player experience.
• Actively motivate the team to achieve high-quality within constraints and to promote high levels of alignment and enthusiasm within the team.
• Taking feedback across all disciplines and breaking it down to understand the underlying motivations, and then driving solutions to problems and opportunities.
• Able to explain creative ideas clearly and concisely and ensuring the ''why'' behind the vision is understood by the team.
• Collaborate with the Game and Art Director to create a vision that is innovative, strong, fitting with IP, and feasible for the team.
• Experience with working on both existing IP and ideation for new IP.
• You will motivate the team to follow the creative vision through all phases of production and breed a culture of innovation and excellence.
• Champion narrative moments and dialogue, providing direction to Game Director, Narrative Designers, and Writing team.
• Approves the game story and script.
• Ensures continuity and consistency between different aspects of the game, including story, design, character art, environment art, animation and audio.
• Provide creative oversight throughout project via daily and weekly check-ins and reviews.
• Provide frequent creative updates to the team via updates and studio & team meetings.
• Act as an ultimate arbiter and decision maker in the case of internal creative debates.
• Design and maintain an efficient and effective creative development pipeline.
• Attends and directs performance capture sessions providing context for voice and actor performances.
• Work closely with production managers and leads to create a process that facilitates a high quality product on time.
• You are an adept delegator who understands you are to set overall creative goals and vision, trust the discipline leads and their teams to execute on that vision.
• You seek out the best ideas and swap out the lesser ones for better ideas, regardless of the source.
Requirements & Skills
• Outstanding written skills and able to produce presentations to illustrate creative and project direction to the team and executive producers.
• Recent game / narrative / creative direction on AAA action / adventure titles.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a multidisciplinary team giving, and taking feedback.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a creative leadership role as a Director or Creative Lead at a game or film studio.
• Experience directing 2D and 3D animation, live action, and still photography.
• Passion and talent for connecting audiences with ideas through visual storytelling.
• Experience mentoring designers, animators, and concept artists, providing insightful feedback on each discipline's efforts and goals.
• Highly organized and can juggle multiple priorities, and deliveries.
• Demonstrated expert level understanding of game features, systems, and economies.
• Experience collaborating with team members on visual scenes, dialogue, story pacing, and gameplay.
• Able and willing to participate and become one of the leading representatives for the studio and project for external PR and Marketing events.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.