Associate IT Support Administrator
Sony Interactive Entertainment
San Diego, CA
Contract Software Engineer
Do you love to build solutions that engage and connect people? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Does it bring you joy to see customers use your creation? The possibilities are limitless!
The Partner Identity team builds scalable java based services that connect PlayStation users with an ecosystem of social and entertainment experiences they love. As part of our team, you'll contribute to our services as well as our neighboring teams' services. Role responsibilities include: performing in-depth requirement analysis, crafting elegant solutions with accurate test coverage, addressing operational incidents, and doing design/code reviews with peers.
• Strong hands-on Java development experience for backend web services using Spring boot framework
• Experience developing services built for deployment into AWS EC2 or EKS using Docker
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
• Knowledge of different data storage technologies like Oracle and DynamoDB
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems
• Experience developing REST based web services also utilizing JSON and XML.
• Passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Works well with others at all levels, and effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
• Experience with Reactive Java programming a plus
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services.