Contract Senior Software Engineer (Java)
The Fraud platform team is a new team at SIE which interacts with all different teams to identify transactional risk. Using state of the art technology, leveraging AWS managed services, we create high transaction, low latency systems that live at the heart of every module in commerce platform engineering.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE's payment platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed commerce services platform.
As a Software Development Engineer in the team, you will design highly scalable systems, develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects , engineers, operations team members across PlayStation and build solid payment platform solutions. We are a fast-paced environment, using lightweight micro services design pattern. We encourage innovation and expect developers to take a high level of ownership throughout the software life cycle.
If you are a strong developer with experience and interest in distributed systems and databases, performance and scalability, we'd like to talk to you.
• BS or Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 7+ years of experience in developing business critical software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML, expert level of object oriented programming analysis and design
• 3+ years experience designing, creating, and maintaining data management & processing systems
• Experience implementing Big Data solutions with 3+ years of experience in Data Modeling, Data Virtualization, Data Ingestion, Data Processing, Data Aggregation and Messaging Systems
• 2+ years' experience developing with AWS native services such as EC2, S3, Kinesis, Glue, Lambda and DynamoDB
• Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
• Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
• Proficient in software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Demonstrated ability to take a project from scoping requirements to actual launch of project
• Possess deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as object oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Development in API Gateway preferred
• Development of in-memory database systems like redis and elasticache
• Experience in kubernetes, docker, EKS
• Experience with micro service architecture
• Experience in requirements engineering, describing software product features, and technical designs
• Experience with an e-commerce company or Payments software
• Experience in deploying, operating, and managing services in AWS or other cloud environment
• Experience building high performance, active-active, linearly scalable production services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, or C++, Web Services, REST, SQL/NoSQL data layers)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dykny3-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.