Associate Tools Engineer, Contract to Hire (LB)
Associate Tools Engineer, Contract to Hire
San Diego Studio
Assuming all things work out, the intention of this position is a 12-month contract to hire.
Do you love baseball almost as much as you love video games? Why not combine the two and work on our MLB® - The Show game series! An Associate Tools Programmer works with our engineers, animators, and designers to improve the tools that help make our title the best sports title in gaming. Here, you will be supporting our tools and asset pipeline to provide new functionality and build new tools. If this is you, please apply!
• Innovate and maintain proprietary tools that generate content for our game.
• Optimize and maintain game engines that support those tools.
• Support proprietary animation system and overcome complicated math problems.
• Code in C++ and Python to achieve the above tasks.
• Strength programming with C++ and Python.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering required.
• Master's degree desired.
• Exposure to the gaming industry is a plus.
• At least one scripting language: Perl, Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.
• Understand data structures and algorithms
• Strong mathematics background: linear algebra, statistics and/or geometry
• Sports appreciation is helpful.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o930-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.