Associate Test Engineer
San Diego, CA
The Associate Test Engineer is responsible for working closely with the assigned project Engineering Lead, Test Lead, Test Engineers, and DEVops Engineers to develop and maintain test harnesses. The Associate Test Engineer should be adept at providing their technical experience, and has a keen understanding of the latest automation and test tools. With professional connections to technical resources within a partner studios, the Associate Test Engineer is ideally suited to areas of testing that fall outside the current 'normal' service of functional testing.
Empowered to work with, modify, and adapt tools where required and justifiable, to help themselves or other functions, the Associate Test Engineer is expected to be a self-starter with a drive to make considered improvements to the test effort.
Working individually or on smaller titles, the Associate Test Engineer may be deployed to work at partner studios. In these instances the role can be varied and include responsibilities such as metrics interpretation, assisting with; test tool development, build creation, automated smoke test builds, and providing technical expertise to the QA teams.
When working on larger projects, the Associate Test Engineer may form part of a 'Quality Engineering' team, comprised of one or more DEVops engineers, Test Engineers, and Functional Testers with scripting experience. In these cases the Associate Test Engineer is predominantly involved in test harness build and maintenance, with the access and tools to manage and provision the automation infrastructure, servers and targets.
The role requires an ability to be a point of contact and frequent communicator with key customers and partners. Technical learning agility for internal members is expected. Metrics tracking and reporting is required.
• Ideally suited to a self-starter, with a passion to learn and a desire to solve problems
• Participate in critical assessment of titles at the beginning of production, with a Test Analysis Report
• Work with a constant 'can-do' attitude, working with customers to establish realistic timelines and expectations
• Engage as subject matter expert with a genuine desire to see our projects succeed
• With hands-on product and writing lots of code, the ability to keep lots of 'plates spinning'
• Be able to support and identify the root cause of team or tool inefficiencies; have the desire to fix everything and the maturity to triage issues in crunch
• Be comfortable relying on the experience and expertise of your team
• Regularly checks in with stakeholders and lead for feedback
• Have experience and ability to participate in or lead a Continual Process Improvement (CSI) model and to focus on developing new strategies.
• Collection of metrics and reports for presentation and review, to continually improve operations and to support management's vision and decision-making
• Support new initiatives and partner with other internal teams , including IT, for seamless integration of new technology
• 2+ years total of game industry QA experience or 3+ years of QA experience in any industry
• 1+ years of experience performing activities related to testing network performance and/or online communication of software products
• OR 3+ years applicable experience with technical skills below
• Degree in a Computer Science or related area or alternatively equivalent combinations of technical education and work experience
• Experience working on bespoke tools to support production development teams.
• Experience with user-level automation frameworks and scripting via Perl, Python or equivalent language
• Practical knowledge of C#, C++, Java including tools development in a production environment.
• Practical knowledge of web technologies and infrastructure
• Working knowledge of IT systems and networks, being able to specify requirements clearly to enterprise IT
• Understanding of TCP/IP, vlans, virtual appliances, enterprise storage systems, windows, linux, embedded systems and administrating all of the above
• Knowledge and experience setting up servers for continuous integration, build or test
• Strong 'Customer' focus; how can we constantly improve the quality of the service we provide to our partners?
• ITIL training is a preferred plus, but not required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbew5-34-239-179-228-42 in your application.