Associate Security Analyst (Contract)
San Diego, CA
The Associate Security Analyst is an entry level position in the Cyber Security Operation Center. It is an excellent position for IT minded individuals. As members of the Security Operations Center, you will be a team member responsible for the 24x7x365 continuous investigation of security event feeds, triage and the appropriate escalation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• First responder to security event reports via email, phone and ticket
• Perform intrusion detection and escalation using SIEM technology
• Assist in remediation of information security incidents, document and communicate findings
• Monitor corporate communication channels (Slack, Microsoft Teams etc..)
• Maintain knowledge of information security policies and goals
• Keep current on the current information security threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience (2+ years)
• SANS GCIA or GMON certification preferred, or relevant intrusion analysis experience
• 1 year of IT or networking experience required
• Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows OS, network security, web application security fundamentals
• Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
• Experience working with customers in a fast pace environment and via the phone
• Basic troubleshooting skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Industry recognized professional certification such as GCIA, GMON, Security+, CCNA
• Experience with cloud-based systems such as AWS
• Past experience with or current understanding of intelligence processes and systems
• Experience with log analysis techniques and methodologies.
• Basic understanding of scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkwym4-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.