Summary: Responsible for all aspects of accounting, financial close, and tax management for Bluepoint Games and serve as the key accounting liaison to Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE).
Essential Duties and responsibilities include the following:
• Performs and manages full cycle general ledger financial close processes and related activities to ensure complete and accurate financials in accordance with US GAAP and IFRS and within the established close timeline
• Performs and manages day to day accounting activities, including preparing and posting journal entries, preparing balance sheet and cash flow reconciliations in an accurate and timely manner
• Responsible for Accounts Payable (A/P) and Accounts Receivable (A/R) operations and activities
• Reconciles and reviews General Ledger (G/L) accounts to ensure accuracy and identify/resolve discrepancies
• Maintains fixed asset schedule and calculation and posting of depreciation expense
• Supports cash management and treasury functions
• Assists with any audit processes, including both the readiness, the execution, and the preparation of supporting schedules
• Assists with Federal, State, and local tax reporting requirements, insurance reports, and other reports required by government regulation, including providing all necessary financial materials in preparation for tax returns
• Assists with the consistent application of internal control policies and ensure compliance with established procedures
• May manage an outside accounting firm that provides bookkeeping services
• Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This role has no supervisory duties.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/ Experience: Five years to seven years relevant accounting or audit experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS and understand of accounting processes, procedures, and internal controls required. CPA highly preferred.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals and procedures, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from employees, senior management, and/or boards of directors.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Skills: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Knowledge of QuickBooks - advanced, ADP, SAP, and Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqm889-3-238-232-88-42 in your application.