Smithsonian Channel™, a ViacomCBS network, is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes and wonders never cease. This is the place for awe-inspiring stories, powerful documentaries and amazing factual entertainment, available in HD and 4K Ultra HD across multiple platforms.
Do you love streaming video? Does getting amazing content out to millions of people excite you? Are you a detail-oriented, organized, and proactive person who loves being part of a team? If yes, then this is the role for you!
Smithsonian Channel seeks a Video Operations Coordinator for our Video Operations team who will support digital strategies across multiple platforms and devices. The focus of the position is on the organization, management and distribution of video & related assets (metadata, closed captions, subtitles and images) across all digital platforms and to internal and external partners in support of our digital initiatives. This is an opportunity to collaborate with multiple ViacomCBS teams and with fantastic partners. Join us as we build the future of television!
• Creating and updating entries in our video management system, as well as monthly spreadsheets for DTO, internal and external distribution partners
• Creating and maintaining delivery status and tracking spreadsheets; helping to resolve delivery issues with internal and external partners in a timely manner
• Assisting with kicking off video transcoding workflow
• Tracking and prioritizing requests for editorial and social media, which include video and image requests
• Helping to organize our digital repository of videos and associated assets
• Additional other duties and responsibilities, as assigned
• Working on updating content and helping to troubleshoot issues within both Smithsonian Channel apps and distributor platforms
• Working on international deliveries to MY5 digital platforms
• Helping to launch Smithsonian Channel streaming content in new international territories
What you bring to the team:
You have -
• 2+ years of media/video operations experience
• Basic knowledge of video codecs, compression and formats
• Knowledge of working with content management systems
• A knack for being super organized and a very high level of attention to detail
• Basic video editing skills and knowledge of non-linear editing software