Live Operations Manager, Video Game
Los Angeles, CA
The Live Operations Director inspires and leads LO departments, experienced in building a comprehensive and detailed strategy for both current & future game titles. Presented frequently with data from the team, this individual is able to analyze relevant data to develop, calibrate and execute on strategies.
Live Operations Team Oversight and Strategy
· Build a comprehensive and detailed strategy for continued success of existing games or successful launch of new game titles,
· Bring industry insight to identify new opportunities or areas of improvement in the game product.
· Oversee the day-to-day workload of the Live Operations team, providing guidance and direction as required. Resolve any escalated issues from the team.
· Communicate frequently with Headquarters regarding new product or proposed future product proposals
· Review weekly and monthly reports generated by the Live Operations team capturing KPI trends and adjust strategies to meet KPI targets.
· Identify potential errors or inconsistencies in reported data and investigating these areas for concern
· Provide coaching, guidance and training to the LO team, ensuring employees feel set up for success in their roles, and monitoring and evaluating performance informally and formally
· Project staffing needs and work with Human Resources to recruit talent as required
· Develop and present product strategy and plans to Headquarters
· Develop and submit various reports as requested by Headquarters
· Manage various operational requests from Headquarters as they arise
· Participate in or lead miscellaneous corporate initiatives as directed by Headquarters
· Contribute insights for various initiatives to the executive level to assist in decision-making process
· Live Operations team
· Prospective Partners and Vendors
· Fast paced environment with pressure
· Friendly environment whereby colleagues are helpful and collaborative
· Multiple eat any given time requiring a high-level of organization and time management
Qualifications and Skills
· 5+ years as a Director or Senior Producer on AAA game(s), with performance responsibility
· 10+ years of production experience in AAA game(s); shipped multiple AAA titles
· Expert knowledge of the video game industry and its current trends
· Highly flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing conditions
· Experience with F2P, online games, live games is an asset
· Experience with console games (Xbox) or pc games is an asset
· Strong analytical skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and last-minute deadlines under pressure
· $100,000 - $150,000+
· Competitive Health and Dental Benefits
· Competitive Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
· Professional Growth
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkk8ok-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $150,000 Per Year ($ USD)
Smilegate West Inc. is the North and South American publisher of its parent company Smilegate, headquartered in South Korea. The Company specializes in Free-to-Play online games including CrossFire, and Lost Saga. Founded in 2006 with a goal of becoming a leading publisher and digital media distributor of online video games, the Company is built on the principle that online, community-based video games offer unique and compelling gaming experiences with untapped mass market potential and wide social appeal.
The Toronto office employs a staff of widely-talented and culturally diverse employees, led by an experienced and imaginative management team. In publishing CrossFire, one of the most played online FPS games worldwide, with over 6 million concurrent users and 500 million registered players, currently available in 80 countries including China, Vietnam, North & South America, and Europe, Smilegate West Inc. continues to deliver the highest quality free-to-play game experience through its proprietary gaming portals, Z8Games.
For more information about the company and its current product offerings, please visit www.smilegatewest.com.