7 News in Washington, DC has a great opportunity for a Morning News Traffic Anchor/Reporter/Host. You will join the area's fastest growing Morning News Team. It will be your job to get our audience up and out the door for a safe commute. We are looking for an all-star team player with outstanding energy and a passion for helping people navigate the daily commute, whether by car, train, Metro, bike, scooter or bus. You should be social media savvy and know how to engage with audiences on all platforms! This is a personality driven position for someone who knows how to communicate conversationally. Knowing the DC area is a plus or you must be able to quickly learn Virginia, Maryland and DC Communities. You will also be required to produce impactful content including interesting informative interviews. You should be comfortable working with clients to promote their products.
• Execute live traffic presentations at a chroma screen or monitors with graphics to tell visual stories
• Ability to react immediately during breaking news events
• Must be comfortable ad-libbing presentations
• Ability to manage & post on digital platforms including social media
• Develop story ideas and gather information for newscasts
• Develop, write and edit enterprise news stories under deadline
• Must be good at live field anchoring and have a dynamic personality
• Comfortable working with sales clients
• Ability to conduct interviews virtually
• A valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others
• Must possess great energy and positivity
• Must have live on-air experience
• Must be familiar with traffic computer systems
• 4 year degree in Journalism or related field preferred
• Producing experience preferred
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1yeey-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.