Telemundo Austin is looking for an experienced News Anchor/Reporter for our Spanish language newscasts. This successful candidate must possess impeccable editorial judgement and have a wide-ranging knowledge of current events, politics, government and culture. Strong, written and verbal communication skills in English and Spanish for broadcast and digital platforms is essential. The News Anchor/Reporter is responsible for writing stories, headlines, teases and news updates using a professional, engaging style and fair language. Must also be skilled in developing original story ideas, enterprise reporting and creative storytelling. This is not an entry level position. Must be able to work under deadlines on a flexible schedule and be available for community/station appearances.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• At least (3) three years experience as an Anchor and/or Reporter in a Spanish language newsroom
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and viewers
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing/social media skills
• Knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Must thrive under deadline pressure
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5mme0-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.