We are looking for a dedicated Technical Director for our Washington ,DC-based national evening newscast. Experience directing live news, editing, graphics, and television operations are essential. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
This is a highly collaborative environment. Experience in a team environment is a must.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Direct and TD any assigned live newscasts and productions for shows.
• Create graphics daily using technical tools
• Train production crew in cameras, audio, graphics, etc.
• Supervise production crew on a daily basis
• Maintain production studio and control room
• Perform other tasks related to the position as assigned, which may include website contribution
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of one (1) year experience working in a commercial news operation
• Working knowledge of production standards and equipment
• Experience with SONY switchers preferred, but not essential
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Must be able to lift and position forty-pound lighting instruments
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-renb02-3-237-29-69-42 in your application.