Sinclair Broadcast Group (SBG) is seeking a full-time Senior Director of Master Data Management and Data Mesh to join our growing company and work under the direction of our Executive Director of Enterprise Data & Insights (ED&I), in partnership with other data leaders focused on Business Intelligence and Data Science. The primary mission of the Enterprise Data & Insights team is to lead SBG into the future by generating Data Value that will fundamentally transform the business. As the leader of the MDM/Data Mesh team, this role will focus on establishing the vision and direction of the MDM / RDM data products created, providing hands-on leadership and responsibility for the development team, and fostering stakeholder relationships and trust across the enterprise. The Senior Director will work closely with business stakeholders, data stewards, process owners, engineering, and vendor partners to realize the strategic vision. A full lifecycle of operational experience is required that includes front-end data conceptualization, pilot approaches, implementation, and scaling to enterprise needs. This position may also oversee and direct the areas of data architecture, data governance, and data strategy for the ED&I team (dependent on candidate experience and career aspirations).
• Lead and inspire a team of data professionals to create and maintain data products that rely on MDM, UI, and integration tools as core technologies
• Treat the data products as mature software products that require product lifecycle management, communication and training plans, knowledge base, and consistent intake and release processes
• Build roadmaps and business cases to support future enhancements and new domain-specific products
• Influence strategic investment decisions & portfolio planning
• Ensure proper adoption of data products, embedded into broader business process, and measure the organizational impact of data products
• Collaborate with other ED&I leaders to create a robust enterprise data strategy covering all facets of data management and principles
• Educate on data management, master/reference data processes, applications, and business rules
• Manage and drive the execution team responsible for building and rolling out data products
• Foster a high-performing, diverse and inclusive team culture; motivate team leads and members to focus on continuous operational, analytical, and decision-making process excellence.
The preferred candidate will have:
• A Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field
• 10+ years of experience preferred in complex business environments
• Proficiency in multiple data technologies and processes such as MDM, data architecture, data modelling, data governance, and data quality
• Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills with executive presentation skills
• Ability to lead and drive large enterprise programs, with strong program and project management experience
• Proven track record of leading and managing large and complex initiatives, especially with a focus on master data and data quality, that sit at the intersection of business processes and technology.
• Exceptional at creating a vision from ambiguity and gaining stakeholder trust to embark on a journey together
• Ability and experience to effectively engage cross-functional leaders and understand the interdependencies between critical processes and the dependence of data
• Experience with developing and driving MDM programs
• Knowledgeable about data quality management (DQM) vision, processes, and tools
• Experience with Informatica MDM or other MDM tools or products (e.g., Tibco MDM, SAP MDG.)
• Mastery of reference data management principles (MDM processes such as match-merge, data collection and publish issues), data modelling, data mastering, metadata management, and tools strongly preferred
• Competencies in all of the DAMA data disciplines, including relational databases, data modeling, data warehousing, ETL, SQL, and more
• Strong experience with vendor/contract management, budgeting, and administration
• Excellent influencer and communicator, with ability to work with in a matrixed environment, with various internal and external teams (business lines, digital & data, legal, it, security, providers, etc.)
• Established history of team leadership and management of data-focused resources
• Proven track record of inspiring and leading teams through transformation
• Comfortable managing a team of 10-15 people
• Experience leading virtual and/or complex, matrixed teams in a larger organization
• Informatica and DAMA certifications a plus
• Understanding of broadcast/cable, CTV/OTT and digital media landscape a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjyme1-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.