To be considered for this position, you must have a minimum of three years of experience anchoring and reporting sports for a commercial TV station. You must have a passion for going beyond scores and highlights and telling real stories. A college degree in journalism or related field is required. Strong writing, photography, and nonlinear editing skills are a must. We are looking for someone who can create memorable stories, has a strong work ethic, as well as time management and live shot skills. Demonstrated knowledge of how to position great content on-air and on our website, mobile and social media platforms is required. You must work well independently and as part of a team in a high energy, creative and collaborative environment. We are looking for a strong team player with competitive drive who upholds high journalistic and ethical standards, under deadline pressure. Previous supervisory skills a plus!
A reel with examples of both news and sports is preferred.
Is responsible for field reporting daily resulting in stories presented in the newscast and online
• Videotaping footage with and without a tripod for use in stories
• Editing footage for use in stories
• Accurately posting stories online and through social media with still photos and video
• Plans and researches future stories for use in daily coverage
• Professionally anchors newscast by delivering sports scripts that are clear and concise for viewers, while providing appropriate unscripted content
• Participates in frequent public appearances and community events
• Writing compelling stories with a relentless attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
• Maintain assigned photography gear and vehicles and operate in a safe manner
• You must have and maintain a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Staying informed of local sports teams
• Meeting daily deadlines
• College degree is preferred.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkp3q-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.