As the largest most diversified television broadcasting company in the country, we continuously look to embrace new digital opportunities and challenge ourselves to defy expectations of what a broadcaster can do. Sinclair has an exciting opportunity for a Software Development Production Support Manager. We are searching for a dynamic individual who enjoys the challenge of managing the software operations, issue triage and support of complex applications and integrations.
The enterprise systems that the position will be exposed to range from large ERP databases and highly transactional sales systems to data warehousing, broadcast and reporting systems, each with many integrations and dependencies. These systems support our business and media operations, servicing thousands of internal and external customers.
• Lead, mentor and motivate a team of engineers to support high quality applications involving complex integrations and workflows across the enterprise
• Build a solid rapport with colleagues across Sinclair Technology Partners (STP) including those working in Software Development, Systems, Security, Communication, Quality, Product Ownership and Analysis
• Ensure applications are available per business SLAs, providing daily service status, measured by monthly SLA and operating reports
• Managing the team accountable for issue and defect triage, including application incident management and reporting
• Accountable for facilitation and communication of issues defined as high/critical business impact across IT and Business, to resolution
• Accountable for managing the various escalation processes for multiple work efforts including Incident Tickets, Service Requests, Root Cause Analysis, and /or Escalated Workarounds
• Responsible for production best practices, technical and operating standards (e.g. Run time improvements, Data Quality improvements) and workflow process
• Monitor incoming work queues and manage direct report's workload accordingly.
• Manage compliance to all Sinclair processes including SDLC and Change Management processes
• Manage metrics associated with Azure DevOps and team's adherence to estimation, task management and time tracking
• Maintain documentation, possibly including relationship diagrams, package documentation, and maintenance manuals
• Manage after hours monitoring of managed systems and emergency problem resolution.
• Collaborate on, adhere to and mentor others on coding standards and development best practices
• Be a customer champion within STP and ensure all delivered solutions effectively and efficiently meet their needs
• 7+ years of development experience in a corporate environment inclusive of enterprise integration tools, enterprise workflow tools, application integration development or design experience
• 5+ years of experience managing Production Support Teams
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology and have proven ability to design, optimize and integrate business processes
• Having experience with the following technologies would support your success with working with our platform:
• Microsoft .NET / C#
• Dell Boomi
• API Data Patterns and Architecture (SOAP,REST and HTTP)
• PHP, Angular and/or NodeJS
• Demonstrated deployments of enterprise software systems and SaaS products using industry standard environments
• Linux/Unix skills a plus
• Familiarity with visual-based integration middleware platforms, Dell Boomi experience a plus.
• Database skills including SQL, data modeling, and databases (e.g. MS SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle)
• Messaging skills including JMS (e.g. ActiveMQ, MQSeries, OracleAQ)
• Experience with enterprise integration tools, middleware technologies, and application/data integration patterns including ESB, MOM, JMS, SOAP/REST web services, databases, ETL
• Practical experience implementing services-oriented architecture design and enabling technologies including messaging, XML, JSON, web services, and HTTP
• Experience with Cloud (Azure preferred) and Software-as-a-Service technologies
• Experience automating deployment pipelines
• General knowledge of common business systems (CRM, SFA, ERP) and processes (lead to cash, requisitions, order management, etc.)
• General knowledge of key application infrastructure components such as VMware, storage (NAS, SAN, SMB), Java JVM, networking (firewall, load balancing, proxies)
• Technical and/or functional experience using or integrating with common business applications such as: Salesforce, NetSuite, Taleo, Workday, Microsoft Dynamics, Oracle, SAP, PeopleSoft, SuccessFactors, etc
• Azure DevOps experience preferred
• Committed to continuous improvement of self and team. Quick to embrace new technologies and able to self-teach
• Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must
• Ability to motivate and mentor team members and be a positive influence
• Ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to audiences from developers to executives
• Excellent analytical and procedural thinking skills
• Proven experience managing technical resources
• Proven experience managing a product backlog
• Experience with Agile SCRUM practices
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7953k-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.