Social Media Coordinator (Seasonal)
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). We are the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games and also feature extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network also is a network partner of the 2021 WNBA Champion Chicago Sky.
The Social Media Coordinator will assist with day-to-day Social Media & Digital operations during the 2024 Cubs baseball season. As part of the Marketing department, you will assist in various tasks to help promote our network programming and team coverage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with social media strategy, ideation, execution, and management of Marquee Sports Network social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn
• Assist in gameday coverage of Chicago Cubs (MLB and MiLB) and Chicago Sky games
• Create and edit content (graphics, videos, etc.) for social and digital platforms (Adobe Creative Suite)
• Coordinate with other members of marketing, production teams to develop and execute social / digital content
• Assist social media managers in maintaining organizational social media calendar
• Identify emerging trends as well as industry standards and incorporate into creative and social content
• Stay up to date with sports news, specifically in the Chicago market
• Assist in uploading photo and video content from all games and events into PhotoShelter
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Educational Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree study in a related program strongly preferred
• Experience running a brand or team's social media preferred
• Experience with content creation, preferably with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign) required
• Background in photography/video preferred
• Demonstrated passion for sports and understanding for baseball and basketball
• Experience with Sprout Social or another social analytics platform preferred
• Strong interpersonal, organization and customer service skills
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented
• Ability to work nights and weekends
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzb4k7-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.