Social Media Producer
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Marquee Sports Network is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to join our Marketing Team. We are looking for a bright, self-starter with a strong understanding of content development, execution, and analytics across key social platforms that include Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn. This individual will activate our brand into the sports landscape to grow and engage an audience through social platforms.
The Social Media Coordinator will report to the Director of Marketing and will require a flexible working schedule including nights, weekends and holidays. This position is temporarily remote due to COVID-19, but will require flexibility to work on-site when needed.
This marketing team member will:
• Be responsible for daily posts to all applicable social media outlets with the objective of growing and engaging an audience.
• Create content that resonates with Marquee's core audience and ensure consistency in tone and branding.
• Build and edit graphics and videos for effective social integration.
• Provide gameday support that include but are not limited to curating tweets for use in-game, clipping and posting highlights across social platforms
• Perform community management across all social media platforms and respond direct messages and fan inquiries in a timely manner.
• Enterprise and support consistent creative integration of social content into video programming and strategic use of video assets into social media.
• Be an active participant in the planning and execution of long-term social brand strategies aimed at growing awareness and growing an audience.
• Consistently communicate with internal staff on usage statistics and successes/areas of improvement, plus continuous monitoring of all relevant sites.
• Track social media influence measurements, working in conjunction with other departments to ensure proper online messaging and relevancy.
• Assist in creating video programming concepts that will appeal to Cubs fans
• Be knowledgeable in emerging and trending platforms (TikTok, YouTube, Snapchat, Clubhouse, etc)
• Assess Social Media workflow and analytics tools to create efficiencies.
• Produce and edit social-friendly content utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects. These skills are a must.
• Ensure overall day-to-day consistency across all social platforms and related on-air social content.
• Propose and explore new ideas to keep Marquee Sports Network's social media voice relevant and innovative.
• Assist in the planning and execution of long-term brand strategies aimed at audience growth and brand awareness.
• Monitor social media platforms and alert production team of news and trending stories to be used in live and on-demand programming.
• Collaborate with other departments and team members including programming, content and sales teams.
• A self-starter who thrives in a team environment, but can work independently
• Bachelor's degree in writing, communications or digital media-related field preferred
• Knowledge of professional baseball and Chicago Cubs
• Experience with digital content management systems
• Experience with Adobe Premiere and other editing systems a must
• Strong understanding of content execution across social media platforms
• Demonstrated experience in new media, digital and journalism
• Working knowledge of production/broadcast environment
• Excellent writing, editing and communication skills
• Excellent multi-tasking skills and ability to work quickly
• Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated attention to detail
• Ability to prioritize work in a high-pressure environment
• Eager to learn new technologies and expand their skill set
• A strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
What We Offer:
• Opportunity to be part of a new Network and dedicated team
• Competitive compensation and stock purchase plan
• 401k with company match
• Comprehensive medical, dental & vision coverage
• Employer-paid disability and life insurance
Marquee Sports Network is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace!
Marquee Sports Network is the exclusive television home of the Chicago Cubs in partnership with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI). It is the Chicago-region's exclusive network for fans to view live Cubs games beginning with the 2020 Major League Baseball season and features extensive pre and postgame coverage, exclusive Cubs content and other local sports programming. Marquee Sports Network brings together one of the most iconic sports franchises in the country with one of the largest television broadcasting companies to deliver unprecedented Cubs coverage for fans.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vk8x-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.