Senior Product Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
The Ad Tech platform team is responsible for Sinclair's Ad Sales and Delivery application portfolio, enabling Sales and Ad Operations teams across a diverse portfolio of distribution platforms. We are subject matter experts for our Ad Sales and Delivery platforms and processes and are focused on delivery and operation of leading-edge technology solutions to drive revenue growth and provide a premium customer experience to Sales Teams, Advertisers and Agencies.
The team is seeking a Senior Product Manager to collaborate with Sales, Operations and Engineering teams in the development and evolution of Sinclair's Unified Ad Sales platform. You will be engaged in product strategy and feature definition for one or more areas in the Ad Tech portfolio with an initial focus on sales workflow from pitch through order execution. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with platform strategy, program management, UX design, platform vendors and software development groups across the organization to define and deliver a streamlined and optimized user experience for the Unified Ad Sales platform.
The candidate must have 5-10 years of successful experience as a Product Manager in a commercial software or corporate setting, ideally with 3+ years developing products serving cable/broadcast or digital media sales and execution.
• Partner with internal and external teams including Sales, Ad Operations, Engineering, PMO, Training and IT Operations from product ideation to delivery
• Collaborate with Business Owners to develop and refine the product vision, roadmap and features
• Translate the product strategy into clearly prioritized user stories and business requirements
• Define project/product milestones and deliverables
• Establish and maintain a healthy product backlog with well-crafted user stories and acceptance criteria.
• Collaborate with internal and external software engineers in analysis and design activities
• Lead/support teams throughout the SDLC to ensure accurate, timely delivery of prioritized product releases
• Work with Program Management to track and report project/product status, issues and risks
• Support ongoing development of product management processes and procedures using Lean-Agile principles
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; MBA preferred
• 5+ years of experience in in Product or Program Management role
• Experience overseeing end-to-end product delivery
• Hands on experience with Azure DevOps, JIRA or similar
• Experience supporting mission critical applications
• Proven ability to set a vision, excite, and lead a cross-functional team
• Exceptional communication, facilitation and organizational skills
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting, including in virtual/remote
• Enthusiastic self-starter with a positive attitude
• Experience working a data-driven environment, managing OKRs/KPIs to ensure goals are established and met
• Ability to articulate technical concepts and considerations to different audiences including developers, business users, management and executives
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience with full software development lifecycle
Preferred candidates will have:
• Familiarity with technologies such as Apache Kafka, Microservices, Angular
• Experience with web services, APIs and message formats such as xml and json
• Proven ability to lead and work autonomously, including with distributed teams
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Instinctive qualities of accountability and follow-through with proven ability to deliver on commitments
• In depth knowledge of the advertising ecosystem/industry including experience with linear and/or digital media sales or traffic systems
• Knowledge and hands-on experience with SAFe Agile/Lean processes
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!