National Newscast Director
Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are seeking a full-time News Operations Supervisor for a Washington, DC-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The winning candidate will be well-versed in cutting edge news gathering technology and have extensive knowledge in digital distribution of live and stored video. You must be a forward-thinking, hands-on supervisor with strong leadership skills and the ability to see possibilities where potential roadblocks exist. A passion for story telling is essential in this position. Collaboration and teamwork are a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Manage the news operations for television, digital, and social media on assigned shift.
• Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Partner with News and Engineering managers to plan for future technology to create innovations to serve users on television, digital, and social platforms
• Direct production crews
• Work closely with senior management team to establish content, philosophy, and direction of the news product
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback and coaching to all news staff in their work performance
• Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company's safety program
• Be an aggressive team-player who can produce under tight deadlines
• Ability to execute during breaking news events
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Previous experience working in a team environment is a must
• At least three (3) years of television news experience is required
• Considerable live shot experience is preferred
• Must have valid driver's license and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
• Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
This is not an entry-level position. If you have the required experience and skills, please apply online and include a link to your latest work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!