Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair Broadcast Group's News Team is growing! We are seeking experienced writer/producers to create content for our news platforms.
The ideal candidate needs to be nimble and knowledgeable on national and regional news as well as politics. Must be able to write, produce and edit video. We are looking for people with news experience and a track record of making smart content decisions. Writer/producer will be a part of a team that will create content for the entire station group while serving the specific needs for our corporate news programs. The ideal candidate must be a team player with strong communication and writing skills.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Write stories for daily newscasts and digital platforms
• Conduct research on stories in the news cycle
• Gather, write, edit and deliver news content when breaking news occurs
• Edit video news stories for all platforms
• Write scripts and material for stories under tight deadlines
• Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms
• Understanding of news writing and story structure
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must have 3 years' experience in Journalism
• Must have strong communication and writing skills
• Must be extremely organized, motivated and a self-starter
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a constantly changing news environment
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!