7 News in Washington, DC has an immediate opening for an energetic, creative , smart News Producer. We are looking for someone who loves coming to work each day to create an unpredictable, fast paced, breaking news driven newscast. You must be a great communicator who is good with people because you will work closely with Managers, Anchors, Reporters, Directors, and
our Assignment Desk.
Our Producers are editorial leaders and are required to pitch story ideas to create impactful ''7 On Your Side'' brand content.
You should be a Producer who understands the value of a digital first news strategy. You will work closely with our digital team, utilizing social media in newsgathering and engaging with our viewers during newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must. Journalism degree preferred. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
• Solid news judgment
• Must be calm and confident under pressure
• Aggressive digital and social media skills
• Be a compelling and accurate writer
• Be able to multi - task and manage time in order to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Pay attention to detail
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• Must have at least 3-5 years of previous news producing experience at a commercial TV station
• Journalism degree preferred
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Please, no phone calls.
If you do not have a link to your work, please apply online and then send a non-returnable DVD of a recent newscast to:
WJLA-TV Attn: News Director
1100 Wilson Blvd., 6th Floor, Arlington, VA 22209
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vzyn-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.