We are looking for a dynamic Newscast Producer for a Washington, D.C.- based national morning newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
This position requires strong skills in journalism, leadership, and creativity. The candidate will oversee the day-to-day production of morning newscasts. This position will also work closely with the Executive Producer, Director, and Assignment Desk on the newscast and its content. In this position, you will contribute content to newscasts and digital platforms.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be a compelling and accurate writer, and be able to multitask and manage their time in order to help put together an exciting and informative newscast. In addition to the ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
• Energy and positivity
• Ability to take direction and work efficiently during breaking news events
• Must work well in a team environment
• Must be a self-starter who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• Ability to edit video for stories
• Ability to create graphics for newscast
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule is required
• Contribute story ideas to daily editorial meetings
• Direct associate producer on writing assignments
• Oversee coverage in control room during breaking news situations
• Work closely with anchor and breaking news reporter on show content
• Conduct interviews when required via, phone, email, Skype, or other methods
• Participate in regular content planning meetings
• Post content on assigned digital platforms daily
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of five (5) years' experience producing engaging television newscasts at commercial news operations
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to learn to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must
• Journalism degree preferred
• Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
When applying online, candidate must provide examples of newscast they have produced that show exceptional creativity. Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!