Be part of a growing online news team producing national content for Sinclair Broadcast Group's network of news sites. We're looking for a talented and creative journalist with an ability to learn new systems and jump into a fast-paced publishing environment. Online reporting should be your passion and the ideal candidate will be a journalist able to handle tight deadlines and constantly bring new ideas to the table. You should be able to work nights and weekends when needed.
• Write, select and publish news and other stories to Sinclair Broadcast Groups network of sites
• Ability to react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately is a core expectation of this position
• Daily news aggregation from around the web and editing of wire service content
• Research, report and write original stories
• Produce and edit multimedia elements for online stories
• Track trending user Generated Content and create interesting digital stories
• Manage remote and streaming feeds on our station's websites and National Desk social media accounts
• Complete daily franchise tasks assignments as assigned
• Monitor analytics to measure story performance
• Video editing and video production of news packages
• Posting to social media outlets including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
• Newsletter production and mailing
• Ability to work all shifts including but not limited to mornings, late nights, and weekends
• Other duties as assigned
• BA/BS degree or equivalent (Degree in journalism or related field strongly preferred).
• Minimum of three years of online journalism experience.
• Excellent writing skills and knowledge of AP style required.
• Must appreciate a sense of urgency when confronted with short deadlines and breaking news.
• Strong understanding of content usage rights management and restrictions
• Strong proficiency in editing software such as Photoshop, Premiere and Avid.
• Basic HTML knowledge required.
• Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Vine, YouTube, Instagram, Reddit and other social media platforms.
• Must be self-motivating and able to work well with a diverse group of people.
• Is a team player and is willing to put the teams needs first.
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent organizational and critical thinking skills.
• Understanding of Microsoft 360 products: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Teams.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!