Sinclair Broadcast Group's Spotlight on America unit – our-award-winning team of national journalists -- has an immediate opening for a News Photojournalist/Editor. We are looking for a creative visual storyteller who can capture video images for use on multiple platforms. We seek someone who can see beyond the lens to bring back compelling stories for our audiences. This storyteller will be travelling to different parts of the US with Spotlight on America correspondents to shoot interviews and story elements for national investigative reports.
You should have three (3) years of ENG experience with a network affiliate TV news organization. We need a photographer who has exceptional video editing skills. You will cover investigative assignments, especially involving government accountability stories. We are shooting full HD on media cards and editing on desktops and laptops. You should have strong editing skills in non-linear edit systems, have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record, possess excellent people skills, a strong work ethic and have a great attitude. A passion for story telling is absolutely essential in this position.
Responsibilities will include:
• Editing and shooting investigative reports in the DC-area and around the country.
• Supporting our Sinclair DC Bureau by shooting and editing day-to-day general assignment stories, in-depth features and investigative assignments, especially issues involving Congress, as well as shooting live shots – as needed.
• Exceptional video editing skills on non-linear edit systems and basic graphics skills
• Three (3) years' ENG experience with a network affiliate TV news organization
• Aggressive team-player who can produce good stories under tight deadlines
• Impeccable video editing skills (experience editing on Adobe Premier Pro is a plus)
• Photographer who can shoot live shots for multiple stations nationwide
• Has studio and field lighting experience
• Able to work some nights and weekends
• The ability to travel
• Possesses trouble shooting and problem solving skills
• Excellent transmission experience (fiber, LiveU, sat truck)
• Basic graphics skills (Adobe After Effects experience a plus)
• Superior audio skills
• Hold a valid driver's license and be able to operate ENG news vehicles
• At least two years of shooting experience, and technical knowledge of editing and video equipment
• Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
Please include a recent web link of your work while completing the online application.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmyq72-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.