Digital Content Producer
WHP-TV, Harrisburg, PA is seeking an detail oriented, aggressive, energetic, and creative full-time News Content Strategist! The ideal candidate will be someone who knows how to make contacts, generate story ideas, react decisively to breaking news, and plan out content daily, weekly, monthly. Candidates must have strong logistical skills and the ability to move crews strategically. We need someone with strong communication skills who can coordinate coverage and problem solve unforeseen obstacles. This person must be able to perform calmly and communicate effectively under pressure. Ideal candidates will be familiar with the Harrisburg, PA DMA.
Skills and Experience:
• Assign and track news crews
• Identify and develop daily content
• Write and post content to station website and social media sites
• Compelling and accurate writing
• Listen to scanners and react to breaking news, make beat checks, monitor web sites and social media, react to developing news
• Develop and maintain contacts and sources to enterprise story ideas
• Listen for and respond to breaking news
• Assisting in the efficient operations of the assignment desk
• Gathering news affecting the community
• Preparing story items for presentation in the newscasts
• Posting accurate stories to web/social as desk/digital are integrated at our station
• Creating content for all platforms with an emphasis on digital
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Minimum of one year working in a television newsroom!
• Commitment to journalistic standards of ethics and accuracy
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Basic computer knowledge/word processing skills
• General knowledge and interest in local, national and world news
• Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
• Proficiency with Facebook, Twitter and emerging social media platforms
• Bachelor's degree with a major in journalism is also preferred
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2xj72-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.