Network Operations Center (NOC) Manager
The NOC Manager will also work very closely with the Engineering teams and as such need to develop a good all-round understanding of systems and networks. Diligence and attention to detail are also key skills along with ability to multi-task and prioritize work appropriately.
The NOC Manager must have a solid understanding of Infrastructure technical environments and processes.
Managerial requirements include:
• Responsibility for direct management of and planning for the Network Operation Engineering team. Supporting live events and ongoing broadcast application, workflow, and content support within multiple environments from an infrastructure perspective.
• Establishment of KPIs and SMART goals to modernize the practice of live events, ongoing support for broadcast infrastructure, and application platforms.
• Coaching and mentoring team members for professional growth.
• Management of implementation and delivery activities aligned to SLAs for internal customers.
• Building relationships with customers and stakeholders to better understand their needs and goals.
• Quickly dive in and understand the environment in which you operate, set the pace for how STP meets our customer's needs while balancing resource management across a shared service model.
Experience, Skills & Competencies:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field.
• 5+ years in a technical infrastructure leadership position at Manager – experience leading high performing technical teams including performance management, mentoring, and team development.
• 5+ years of experience automating IT processes with a focus on configuration management.
• Experience troubleshooting networks both traditional and virtual, including performance management and troubleshooting, configuration, and application/end-user experience.
• Strong analytical problem-solving skills with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
• Ability to quickly grasp technical issues and offer solutions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
• Customer-focused, positive, can-do attitude and desire to interface directly with end-users, and management at all levels.
• Advanced knowledge of networking protocols TCP/IP, VoIP, DNS and DHCP and how to troubleshoot network events and problems
• Monitor all system generated alerts from different type of devices, such as servers, networking devices, storage devices, power devices, etc.
• To ensure maximum device service availability and performance
• To provide support services for Systems and Networking teams as well as other technical teams and users.
• To work with third party vendors for outage escalations or issue resolution
• To communicate status of incidents or outages using Major Incident Management procedures.
• Generate Monthly Metrics to provide to leadership.
• Work closely with and in support of the IT Service Desk and Engineering team members.
• Coordinate user and support issues among Bally Sports RSN locations to ensure timely distribution of knowledge and positive impact on user satisfaction and productivity.
• Research, resolve, and respond to complex questions received via telephone calls, callbacks, or escalations, and provide support on electronic services, in accordance with current standards.
• Additional responsibilities include,
• Comply and adhere to operational processes and security policies
• Use of SNOW service management tools for Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration management
• Use of monitoring and management tools for the devices and infrastructure applications
• Attend all operational and project (ad-hoc) related scheduled meetings as required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re4yw2-44-192-114-32-42 in your application.