Spotlight on America is Sinclair Broadcast Group's award-winning National Investigative team. Launched in 2018, Spotlight on America produces original investigative and enterprise reports - and specials - that air across 90 ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, CW and MyTV stations nationwide, including The National Desk, SBG's national news program. For the past two years, Spotlight on America has been honored with National Headliner Awards for its health and science reporting.
We are seeking an experienced Investigative Reporter who has a track record of breaking national, groundbreaking stories. At least 10 years of experience in investigative journalism is ideal, including three years reporting for a newsroom with a national focus.The ideal candidate would be based in Washington, DC.
This position reports directly to the Executive Producer of Investigative Reporting for the Corporate News Division and works alongside a producer and two photographers. The Spotlight team travels the country in search of distinctive stories and produces weekly content for stations in addition to longer-form reports for a 30-minute news magazine.
If you have been looking for that rare opportunity to join a team of skilled and motivated colleagues while helping to inform millions of viewers nationwide, then you have found your dream job.
• Demonstrated excellence in Investigative Journalism
• Pitch, report and write original investigative and enterprise reports, including long-form, news magazine style content
• Coordinate and line-up interviews in coordination with producer
• Develop and maintain sources
• Multi-task on several projects at one time
• Write web stories to accompany each report
• Extensive script writing experience with an emphasis on long-form
• At least 7-10 years of experience producing Investigative Reports in a fast-paced news environment
• At least 3 years of experience producing content for a national audience
• Social media immersion
• Bachelors Degree in related field
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzmvp1-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.