Director Of Content
Sinclair Broadcast Group
Sinclair's National Desk (TND) has an immediate opening for an energetic and creative Digital Executive Producer to manage digital and social content for a Washington DC based daily news operation. In this role, you will drive strategy and execution to make our digital platforms a go-to source of news and information. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The ideal candidate will have big ideas on how to capitalize on material from across Sinclair Broadcast Group platforms.Candidates should demonstrate experience recruiting, hiring, training and managing digital teams, and be well-versed in the latest publishing technologies. In addition, candidates must be able to easily manipulate digital or live material on all platforms.
The position requires strong skills in journalism and leadership. We are seeking a dynamic personality to lead our digital efforts. Essential skills include the ability to build a team, share a vision, and execute a strategy.
Our candidate will be someone who embraces digital media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role. If you are ready to sail away from the Sea of Sameness, we want you to apply!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Create a strategy for daily coverage as well as long-term coverage goals
• Effectively use analytics to drive engagement on all digital platforms
• Develop strategies for delivering fresh content and updated web and social stories throughout the 24-7 news cycle
• Be available to lead coverage of major breaking news or severe weather regardless of schedule
• Work collaboratively with managers, assignment editors, producers, talent and editors to maximize content and enhance user experience on all the station's platforms
• Organize and execute digital and social strategies with TND news talent
• Drive new content initiatives and, working with news management, supervise overall content strategy
• Close partnership with other Executive Producers to create content and brand continuity among the on-air and online platforms
• Ensure accuracy of digital stories
• Be knowledgeable of current events locally, nationally and internationally
• Monitor competing websites
• Research, report and write original stories
• Provide coaching to on-air staff about best practices on digital platforms
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• A minimum of three (3) years' experience managing a digital news team at a commercial news operation preferred.
• Strong leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities
• Journalism degree preferred
• Must have Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
Please provide a link to your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!