Santa Monica, CA
Sinclair Broadcast Group's National Networks and Platforms team has an exciting opportunity for a Media Coordinator!
This position will ensure all materials and resources are coordinated and in place to proper running of all elements of program schedules. The Programming team manages the day-to-day scheduling of Comet, CHARGE!,TBD and STIRR, Sinclair's direct-to-consumer streaming service.
• Create an organization system of films and television series for Comet, CHARGE!, TBD and STIRR.
• Effectively use program scheduling software and excel spreadsheets.
• Assist with quality control and compliance tests.
• Adjust and update schedules and assignments.
• Maintain ongoing contact with scheduling and research coordinators.
• Insure delivery of all program related materials in adherence with network log and programming requirements.
• Work with outside vendors (program source) to ensure timely delivery of all programming related materials.
• Establish relationships with equipment and personnel service providers to ensure that resources may be readily obtained.
• Work directly with Broadcast Operations to insure timely delivery of all broadcast ready material.
• 2+ years of relevant television experience for example, broadcast station, cable network, multicast network or studio
• Experience with Nielsen a plus
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
• Ability to communicate in succinct and effective manner
• Proficient in Excel a must
• Experience with broadcast scheduling software a plus (WideOrbit, SintecMedia, SIMS, etc...)
• Detail oriented
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
About the National Networks and Platforms Group: Responsible for the business management and operations of Sinclair's national broadcast TV networks Comet, Charge! and TBD as well as STIRR, the company's new direct to consumer streaming service.
• Comet is a free broadcast TV network for passionate fans of SCIENCE FICTION. Featuring hit shows Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Stargate SG-1, Sliders, box office hits and other cult classic films. The network is available nationwide through local broadcast TV affiliates and cable operators, YouTube TV, Dish, Sling, Fubo and STIRR.
• Charge! is a free broadcast TV network for fans of everything ACTION. Targeting male fans but appealing to female viewers as well, the network features hit shows like Knight Rider, Magnum PI, Walker Texas Ranger, CHiPs, box office hits and cult classics films. The network is available through local broadcat TV affiliates including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and 42 of the Top 50 DMAs in the country.
• TBD is a free broadcast TV network for fans of unique and undiscovered Web content and voices. The network's tag line is ''TBdiscovered, see for yourself'' and features original weekly show The Link as well as The Lab with CRH, Life on the Edge and DevinSuperTramp. TBD is available nationwide include New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and 47 of the top 50 DMAs.
• STIRR is a free national streaming service with over 110 linear channels featuring live local news, fan favorite TV shows, movies, sports and lifestyle programming. Each week STIRR delivers 2400+ hours of live local news and 5000+ hours of on demand programming. The STIRR App has been downloaded over 4 million times and is available on Roku, Fire TV, tvOS, iOS and Android devices.
About Sinclair Broadcast Group: Make your mark in Media with Sinclair Broadcast Group, a diversified media company dedicated to connecting people with content everywhere! We have consistently led the broadcast industry since our inception, and now Sinclair owns the largest regional sports network business and one of the largest television broadcast portfolios in the country. Our success is the direct result of our extraordinary employees and management team who believe in our vision and are dedicated to ensuring a great future for our employees. We are advancing the world of Media and want YOU to join our winning team! The life blood of our organization is our people.
We have a compelling story, a goal-oriented culture, and we take really good care of people. How good? Here is a glimpse: great benefits, open door policy, upward mobility and a strong desire to see you succeed. Ready to be part of a winning team? Let's talk.