Full Time Job
Human Resources Manager
Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionDielectric is seeking an HR Manager who will be responsible for direct support and guidance in various functional areas of human resources and payroll, supporting approximately 85 employees under the general direction of the Corporate Regional HR Manager and the Controller. The ideal candidate has a minimum of three years of experience in human resources working in a fast-paced environment. Positive attitude, effective communication, follow-through, and attention to detail are must-have attributes for this position. The HR Manager supports processes (almost all paperless) associated with the employee lifecycle to include employee relations, recruitment, onboarding/exiting, benefits administration, training and development, and performance management.
You'll be involved in a variety of HR functions including but not limited to:
• Collaborate in a team-based environment, providing excellent, friendly and responsive customer service to employees and managers
• Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our people, our work and our culture
• Ensure compliance with employment regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, ADAA, and state and local employment laws
• Prepare and review a centralized bi-weekly payroll process for hourly and salaried staff
• Interpret and apply company policies and procedures
• Coordinate onboarding/exiting process, present information and materials and ensure all onboarding/exiting tasks are complete within the appropriate systems and timeframe
• Support the recruitment process, i.e., post jobs in ATS, schedule interviews, conduct reference checks, etc. Ensure compliance with EEO regulations in all aspects of recruitment and hiring
• Support the benefits administration process by maintaining working knowledge of company's benefit plans, assist in the Open Enrollment process including employee education and communication, and audit as needed
• Administer leaves of absence according to company policy, and state and local laws, including FMLA and ADA
• Respond to unemployment claims, workers compensation claims, and employment verifications
• Maintain confidential, electronic HR records for all employees
• Assist in planning and coordinating trainings, morale events, and activities
• Perform other related duties and projects as required and assigned
• Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of HR Generalist level experience
• Solid understanding of Federal and ME State employment laws
• Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels, both verbally and in writing
• Ability to exhibit a high degree of confidentiality and proper judgement under pressure and in sensitive situations
• A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties
• Organizational and time management skills with expert attention to detail
• Independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Experience with HRIS
• Experience in a manufacturing organization a plus
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
With roots dating back to 1942, Dielectric helped pioneer the broadcast age, and our drive to innovate has never waned. Over more than 75 years, Dielectric has earned a reputation for offering the world's most sophisticated and reliable antenna and RF transmission solutions and demonstrated the ability to meet the needs of all broadcasters - TV and FM, low and high power, domestic and overseas. Our dedicated, talented team designed, manufactured and completed 1000 antennas and 500 RF systems in 39 months for the FCC Spectrum Repack, a major contribution toward enabling to the industry to meeting the FCC deadlines.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rev3v7-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.