Technical Director, Engineering - Player Developer Experience
We are seeking an experienced Group Product Manager to join our fast-paced Sinclair Digital organization. You will lead a group of Product Managers in the definition of product strategy, vision and features for Sinclair Broadcast Group's portfolio of digital news and digital entertainment products. You will work closely with senior leadership, content production teams, other product groups, UX design, platform vendors and software development groups across the organization to define and develop exceptional customer experiences across the company's digital news and entertainment portfolio. You are a player/coach with the ability to inspire your team, act as a creative catalyst and ensure features are defined and delivered. Extensive experience producing or publishing digital news and/or digital entertainment content is a must.
In addition, having a strong management background is essential to this role. A successful candidate will have a strong technical acumen, strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as, great product management and communication competencies.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Lead, manage and develop a group of product managers to deliver products as part of a product group in support of Sinclair Broadcast Group's broader digital product strategy.
• Lead the process to define annual objectives and key performance metrics for products/product lines managed by the product group.
• Establish product management processes that standardize the definition of product requirements for all products/product lines managed by the product group.
• Lead the product group in defining vision, product roadmaps and go to market activities for all products/product lines managed by the product group.
• Perform as the key point of contact and communication lead for the product group.
• Manage the assignment and delivery of Initiative projects by the product group.
• Represent the product group in all required steering groups and leadership meetings and processes.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
• 12+ years of experience producing or publishing digital news and/or digital entertainment content
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Business, Product Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of managing and developing product management talent
• 7+ years of experience managing digital products and/or technologies
• 5+ years of experience planning mobile products and/or technologies
• 3+ years of experience planning OTT products and/or technologies
• 5+ years of experience managing News and/or entertainment content products
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
• A demonstrated ability to independently solve ambiguous problems
• SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification or Pragmatic Certified a big plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel for company business.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!