Director Of Content
Sinclair Broadcast Group
We are looking for a full-time Graphic Artist for a Washington, DC-based national evening newscast. Our goal is to offer audiences on multiple platforms something different. The kind of coverage they care about, the kind that impacts their lives – but that they cannot find anywhere else.
The position requires strong creative skills with the ability to create compelling graphics to contribute to our storytelling mission.
Our candidate will be someone who embraces social media and knows how to consistently engage with the audience. Collaboration is a big part of this role!
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Work with Executive Producer and Production Team to clearly communicate messaging and strategy, planning, and execution for all On-Air elements
• Contribute ideas and notions for spots, menus, bumpers, and other various elements to keep the air lively, fun, and consistent with emerging networks' branding look and feel
• Maintain a close view on the TV landscape and graphic trends
• Expertise in the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After-Effects, Premiere)
• Knowledge in Cinema 4-D is required
• Mastery of design fundamentals such as composition, color, and typography are a must
• Ability to compose conceptual sketches and storyboards is required
• Must understand multi-pass 3D rendering and post production/compositing in After-Effects, as well as editing of both audio and video
• Candidate must be able to complete projects on their own, but also be comfortable delegating production tasks to team members where applicable
• Special projects as assigned
• A minimum of two (2) years of relevant experience at broadcast station, cable network, multicast network/studio required; Internship and/or Assistant experience applies
• Complete mastery of After-Effects, Plug-Ins, Photoshop, Word, and Excel (3D experience a plus)
• Solid organizational skills and a sense of urgency
• Self-motivated with an ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
• Ability to multi-task and manage time efficiently and effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Link to an online demo reel required for consideration
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!