Government Matters has an immediate opening for a show Producer. The candidate will be responsible for the production of our daily and Sunday 30-min programs. You will also work closely with the Managing Director and show host on content and production.
In this position, you will work with the Managing Director and host to determine the content and flow of programs, be the point person for booking guests, research news topics and write scripts. The job requires a high-energy individual who has good communications skills and demeanor, is a quick thinker and problem solver. Responsibilities include outreach to guests both virtually and, eventually, in-person in the studio. The ability to book high-level guests for the daily shows and an understanding how to work the government public affairs landscape is key to the job to support this growing program and the Government Matters' media platform. A book of contacts across government and the organizations that support public service is a plus. Experience in television production is not a requirement but an interest to learn is.
We are looking for a person who can offer creative ways to cover the management of the federal government and its top executives, and to provide insight from experts on the latest management trends and findings. The ideal candidate will be knowledgeable about the important topics, policies and challenges facing federal agencies and government workers, and how to concisely and accurately convey that information.
• Solid news judgment
• A compelling and accurate writer
• Able to multitask and manage time to put together an exciting and informative newscast
• Able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• A working knowledge of the business of the US government and military
• Strong leadership and communication skills
• Ability to execute news strategies and goals for daily newscasts
• Flexibility, quick thinking, and on-the-spot problem solving skills a must
• Proficient with nonlinear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems, such as iNews
• College degree in journalism or communications preferred
• Prior television or radio show producing experience preferred, but not required
• Knowledge of the organization and processes of the federal government, specifically the executive branch
• A full rolodex of media contacts at federal agencies, think tanks, academia, and associations that work on government management.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93q79-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.