The General Sales Manager is a senior level leader who will report to the market's Vice President & General Manager and will be responsible for all sales related revenue streams for our two stations in Omaha, Nebraska - KPTM FOX42 and CW Omaha. This position requires an individual who possesses strong leadership skills who can direct a sales management team in managing and creating revenue streams through a multi-screen integrated approach. The candidate must have a successful track record in sales management, staff recruitment and developmental skills as well as excellent leadership capabilities.
In this position you will:
• Develop a high performing sales team that meets or exceeds revenue goals by driving client results through creative marketing solutions including continued recruitment, training, and retention of staff
• Build and execute sales strategies, plans and alignment in support of revenue goals
• Achieve client results, satisfaction and retention. Effectively manage sales operations including inventory, Wide Orbit, Operative One, SELL, and Cognos
• Ability to bundle' linear TV and Digital assets for our customers
• Develop close relationships with clients alongside Marketing Consultants
• Meet and exceed budgeted financial goals while growing revenue share, with a holistic approach to finding revenue outside of the traditional areas
• Have an ability to recruit and retain the best talent available
• Train, manage, and motivate all sales personnel and sales management to perform at the highest level
• Lead sales promotions and develop non-traditional revenue sources
• Manage and control sales revenue by pricing our products competitively
• Work with the promotions department to create station initiatives that form partnerships in the community and generate revenue
• Prepare revenue budgets and manages department expenses
• Additional responsibilities will include forecasting, political and FCC responsibilities
• Excellent inventory management is essential, and familiarity with Operative One and Wide Orbit is a plus!
• 7-10 years experience in TV sales management
• Hands on linear advertising sales and operational background is a must
• Degree in a related field preferred
• Strong understanding of Digital platforms assets
• Ability to meet revenue budgets via digital interactive and other approaches
• Positive leadership skills
• Highly skilled leader, negotiator and motivator
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency using Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Operative One and Wide Orbit is preferred
• Must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rez2y8-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.